Ben Lomond Descent 2012 - Mobile Web Map
Event splash screen
Choice of basemaps
User controls the map
PDF Event Map
PDF Leg Map
Esk Mapping & GIS developed a set of maps for the Ben Lomond Descent 2012. The maps show the 3 race legs, route distance markers, spectator access routes & view points, navigation information and other event information. The maps were presented as PDF maps for traditional printing purposes, and as a live web-map.
- GPS-Enabled: User can switch on the mobile-device's GPS to locate themselves on the ground within the map.
- Versatile: Works on any browser on any internet-capable mobile device. Desktop version also provided.
- Current: Can be modified in real-time to let entrants know of any last minute course modifications.
- Informative: Users can control which information is displayed by switching map layers on or off.
- Offline: Pre-loading and improved caching of the race layers in internet range can provide access to race maps for areas with limited internet access.
- Stylish: Latest fonts and symbology available.
- Printable: Esk Mapping & GIS provided PDF maps for entrants and spectators to print and take to the race.